Global and successful, we are a customer led and service driven organisation committed to progression! Things move fast at AvisBudget so we encourage our people to make their own decisions and take control of their day. We reward achievements, provide opportunities to develop and encourage innovation.
Reporting to the Financial Controller and based at our Auckland head office, this role manages the shared services Financial Accounting and Reporting Team that have tasks that cover both our Australian and New Zealand operations.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Financial accounting and reporting of the business all New Zealand and Australia operating divisions to the NZ/AU Company and US Leadership
- Ensure the integrity of the company financial system.
- Management and coaching of a high performing team of 10 direct reports
- Manage a general accounting function and cash flow forecasting
- Liaise with external auditors
- Ad-hoc / value added projects as required
Required skills and experience:
- NZ Chartered Accountant or recognized equivalent
- Advanced Excel skills
- Proven successful experience at a manager level. Within a Chartered Accounting firm (Audit, Tax, or Business Advisory) would be an advantage
- Excellent time management skills
- Advanced analytical and creative problem solving skills combined with good judgment and decision making ability
- Preferably have exposure to both Australian and New Zealand GST and FBT
- The ability to communicate effectively and build good working relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Exposure to US GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley would be an advantage
What we offer:
- Work for a global leader
- Fantastic high performing team
- Modern offices in Ellerslie Greenlane close to all transport links
- Competitive salary, incentive scheme, additional superannuation scheme, life insurance and company discounts.
Excellent opportunity to work for a Global successful company and a great step towards your future leadership ambitions!!
To apply please submit your Letter of Application and CV using the appropriate links.